Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 7:33:10 PM EDT
Are these worth having 'ahead of time'?  What's a good source for mil-spec or quality kits?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on whether you like having to wait for parts if one breaks...

Personally, I've never had to replace a part on my bushy.  I would imagine that a parts kit from Bushmaster, DPMS, RRA, etc would be fine.

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/arpartskit.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Bushy "Field Repair Kit" as well as the mother of all spring kits that Nate1 linked above. Haven't needed to replace anything yet, but it's reassuring to know they're there if'n I need 'em.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Stick with a higher grade supplier.  You shouldn't need the things but it's sometimes nice not to have to wait for something to come in.  I favor ArmaLite stuff and their kits come in a sexy little green box.  I've stuffed it with other parts.  As much as it'll hold.  I figure it'll last me for decades.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:59:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are these worth having 'ahead of time'?  What's a good source for mil-spec or quality kits?
View Quote

Having your AR down due to some small .50 cent part breakage or a spring or detent flys into the carpet while you're cleaning is no fun...

Bushmaster has quality parts, and a spring kit along with the field repair kit and the detent kit is cheap insurance...
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top