Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 6:14:50 PM EDT
Hi there. I'm the resident newbie of the boards lurking everywhere and I have yet another stupid question to ask. Is cleaning my Bushmaster XM15-E2S going to be difficult? The only realy experience I have with disassembling and cleaning guns is cracking open my paintball gun for oiling or swabbing down the barrel of a shotgun. I'm a little leery about taking my gun apart, simply because I fear I won't be able to get it back together into working condition again. After reading the warning about the cam pin from bushmaster, I'm worried that I'll clean the gun, only to have it blow up in my face when I try to fire it again.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never seen a Bushmaster manual so Im not sure what warning your talking about that involves the cam pin.
As long as the bolt is assembled correctly in the carrier and the cam pin is installed I can't see any cause for concern.
If the Bushmaster manual is not detailed enough for you go to the home page of this site and click on books and manuals.Download a copy of the -10 operators manual for the M16 and start reading,lots of pictures to guide you.
Or check your local gun show,surplus or gun store and buy a hard copy.
Disassembling and cleaning an AR is very simple and so is reassembly.You just have to do it a couple of times to get the knowledge of how the system works.Just follow the directions in the manuals and you will not have any problems.
If you do come back here and ask,someone will be more than ready to help.
Raymond
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
You just have to make sure it's installed correctly, which is very simple, if not the rifle can explode. Just make sure and read your manual.

If they can teach Jarheads to do this, you should be able to grasp it easily. [;D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of info on the net about cleaning the AR and IMO it’s one of the simplest guns to understand.  I don’t know spit about paintball guns, but they seem more complicated than the AR.

Now then, a Ruger MKI is a different matter…

Hoppy
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top