Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2021 3:55:00 PM EDT
My compensator on my 18" heavy barrelled AR10 came loose after a range session.All I did was screw it back down.Is this supposed to happen.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No, it is not but not a hard thing to fix. Add a crush washer and snug up or throw a little rocksett or loctite on and you will be gtg.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
You really should clamp the barrel in a vice using at least a couple pieces of wood. Squish it a bit to grip the barrel well and it will not harm the barrel or its finish. If you have an action rod then that will work too. Don't just crank on the brake or it can cause big problems. I wouldn't bother with thread locker personally unless it is high enough temp to not burn like Rocksett. Rocksett is high temp stuff, but breaks like blue Loktite does. I've always just used a crush washer and never had any issues.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My compensator on my 18" heavy barrelled AR10 came loose after a range session.All I did was screw it back down.Is this supposed to happen.
View Quote

Negative.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

As mentioned, throw a crush washer at it. I wouldn't bother with rockset unless it's a suppressor mount, in which case definitely don't use a crush washer and use shims+rockset instead.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Crush washer would be ideal. Red Loctite will also work well.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top