Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 10:08:26 PM EDT
1) Magazines- the edge of the case would sometimes catch on the front edge of the magazine, so I used a Dremel to grind that edge down about 3mm.

2) Feed ramps- the M4 feed ramps are made for the much narrower 5.56mm round, and I had a lot of jams and misfeeds on the ramps. I used the dremel to wide the ramps, then used a felt attachment with valve grinding compound to polish the ramps.

3) Bolt lugs-  The bolt lugs on my SOTA bolt would jam up in the locking lugs. This was cured by shooting around 120 rounds (usually manually charging each round) , with several good chamber cleanings mixed in.

When I first put this rifle together, I rarely could get a second round to chamber after the first shot. Failures to extract, failures to eject, failures to feed. Several times the bolt lugs were so locked up that I couldnt pull the charging handle back. I took it to a range a couple of days ago, and went through 60 rounds of Tula with zero problems.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Grats on all the progress and success! I know the AR7.62 struggle and can appreciate a good bit of hardwork paying off! Should show us some pics!

Kolme
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice job I'll keep this in mind when I get mine together if or when I have an issue(hopefully none)
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top