Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 3:34:51 PM EDT
Hey guys I have a weird one for you. I was at the range with my new stag and after around 3 mags of slow fire it let out a 4 round burst. The bcg was warm to the touch but not hot. I was shooting with the reset  when this occurred. I finished off that mag flawlessly and decided that should be it until I get some advice. My stag has less than 500 total rounds through it. Other than this it has worked very well. I also noticed after cleaning that the firing pin retaining pin was tough to get back in. Lower receiver looks good , nothing appears  broken and there isn't a bunch of frog lube In there. Is this something that has come up with stags in anyone's experience?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the trigger group I know I had my m-4 start firing bursts while in semi mode and it was the trigger group that was messed up.

I would contact stag if it is a new rifle. You want to be careful with it because even though it is broken and you accidentally fired burst it is still illegal.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump fire???? Did you do a function check???
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a good point I forgot to mention is that it is not a select fire rifle In case anyone was thinking that. The trigger group seems to be fine. Function checked with the upper removed as well.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
We would hope it's not or you are going to jail...

Is it a complete Stag rifle or did you assembly the lower and used their upper?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey guys I have a weird one for you. I was at the range with my new stag and after around 3 mags of slow fire it let out a 4 round burst. The bcg was warm to the touch but not hot. I was shooting with the reset  when this occurred. I finished off that mag flawlessly and decided that should be it until I get some advice. My stag has less than 500 total rounds through it. Other than this it has worked very well. I also noticed after cleaning that the firing pin retaining pin was tough to get back in. Lower receiver looks good , nothing appears  broken and there isn't a bunch of frog lube In there. Is this something that has come up with stags in anyone's experience?
View Quote

Check your disconnector overlap by holding the trigger back, charging the rifle, then VERY SLOWLY letting off the trigger, as you were probably doing during your slow fire session.  I bet the hammer falls as you let off.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Tells us how you function tested it...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I function tested it just as circuits described and the hammer does not fall. And btw stag makes select fire rifles for LEO. I'll check the disconnect spring. Thanks for the quick replies guys.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:I'll check the disconnect spring. Thanks for the quick replies guys.
View Quote

Yes, definitely check the disconnector spring isn't upside down.  If it's not the overlap and the spring's correct, though, you've got me stumped.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
It is a full factory assembled rifle. I had no hand in its construction other than some magpul furniture , bad lever, and gunfighter charging handle. Sounds like stag needs to hear about it.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top