Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 1:52:14 PM EDT
Ok went to sight in my new build, 6.8 spc 1x10. Fired first and only shot, the round FTE I had to get a brass rod to force it out and on inspection where the extractor goes it broke the rim off. Before I go any futher I want to try and find out what may be the problem. I am using Hornady V-MAX 110gr factory ammo. Waiting to hear from Manufacture which chamber I have, and what they used to test fire it. I cleaned it before taking it out. Should I try another round or just contact Hornady, If this lot of ammo is overloaded I don't want to blow up my gun.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok went to sight in my new build, 6.8 spc 1x10. Fired first and only shot, the round FTE I had to get a brass rod to force it out and on inspection where the extractor goes it broke the rim off. Before I go any futher I want to try and find out what may be the problem. I am using Hornady V-MAX 110gr factory ammo. Waiting to hear from Manufacture which chamber I have, and what they used to test fire it. I cleaned it before taking it out. Should I try another round or just contact Hornady, If this lot of ammo is overloaded I don't want to blow up my gun.

Tore the rim off the brass ?

Was it difficult to punch out the empty brass ?

I know nothing about 6.8 SPC , but do you have the recommended buffer , tube & spring ?  Correct gas port size for the rifle & barrel length ?

Did you clean the chamber ?

God bless
Wyr
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top