Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 2:37:07 PM EDT
Hello,
 I just bought a new Rock River upper and tried 2 different lowers and 2 different bolt carrier groups and still get light primer strikes everytime.The firing pin makes just a very light dent in the primer,but no fire,I tried different mags also,and the exact same ammo works in my other ar-15.I wonder if it is the headspace is out of spec? Any ideals? I'd hate to send it back in for repair but If I have too I will.Please advise,Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Did the upper come with its own bolt or are you using old bolts in the BCG's? New barrel should get a new bolt.

ETA:
Take a bolt out of the BGC and make sure it fits correctly in the barrel extension.

I assume the bolt is closing completely when you cycle the action?? A tweaked gas tube might keep it from closing up fully. Does the BCG move freely in the upper when the upper is open or removed from the lower? Can you make the bolt lock in battery by hand in the open upper?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top