Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 4:34:48 PM EDT

Hi guys:  I have a dmps 24" ss bull barrel that I am having a FTF problem on any ammo and mag.

I have gone threw the trouble shooting list and found the gas tube worn out on the end and the gas block misaligned to the barrel port. I relpaced the gas tube and fixed the alignment.  But still having the problem.  I did the one round test many times and all locked back ever time.  I  have used different B/C/CH  and different lowers,   no change.  Sometime the shell eject fine but the next round does not feed and good percentage of the time it stove pipes.  Last time at the range when I pulled the mag to clear the mess the next round in the mag the copper had gone from shinney to dull purple in color like it had been heated.  I do not know if that is normal.   The barrel shoots great but before I replace the upper receiver maybe some one has an idea on what I could check next.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Stove piping --- the spent case is caught by the bolt.  The primer end is being help by the bolt and the rest of the case is sticking out of the ejection port. I'm not sure but I think the next round has also been pushed forward.  I have to drop the mag to clear  it.  If I pull the CH this puts the third round into the works. I hope this helps
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:48:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Dano

I will check all the things you talked about.  BUT, my problem happens with several different bolts and carriers.  I have mixed and matched 8 different bolts and carriers even used differents lowers and they came from ar's that work with no problem.

When you talk about pulling the carrier back and the face of the bolt should be 1/4" infront of the ejector port. Is that right????   I looked at all 8 of my ar's and none of them line up this way.  They are either even or back 1/4" behind the ejector port.

Back to my problem-- I am going to try the o-ring and maybe look into a not buffer spring.  Any of other ideas
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top