Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:05:21 PM EDT
I just recently purchased a Bushmaster M4 Carbine with 14.5" Barrel. After shooting it for the first time with wolf ammo no less, I wanted to scrub it down and remove all the grime. After giving it a good cleaning I reassembled it and oiled the bolt and charged the gun. The bolt went all the way to the stock, but wouldnt move, nor would it dislodge from the buttstock. I looked down and to my disbelief, I saw the recoil spring on the ground. I had forgotten to re-install it before assembling my rifle! I thought I had permenantly damaged my new toy. After trying to dislodge the bolt from the stock and removing the take down pins the bolt still was jammed. I finally pointed the muzzle directly and the carpet and gave it a good whack and it came loose. I must have drank 5 beers and sweat about 5 pounds in the belief I had ruined my rife. Everything is fine now, no problems. I just thought this was a funny story to share in case anyone else encountered this problem.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I can say I did that so dont feel bad. Something felt like it was binding so I took the spring out. Stupid, Stupid.... STUPID! Anyways I removed the stock to undo it and all is good now, live and learn.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:02:49 AM EDT
[#2]
NEVER remove take kown pins with the bolt locked to the rear...   pins and springs will leaarn to fly.
personal experience
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top