Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2006 8:03:56 PM EDT
I'm trying to install my new RRA colapsible stock, but I can't seem to remove the reciever extension. It doesn't have the ridges on it, so there is no way I can use a tool. I've tried alot of elbow grease, and applied heat too, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

http://www.hi-upload.com/uploaded1/blahhh.JPG
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#1]
If the end of the tube doesn't have the flats milled on it on each side of the upper stock screw hole, try clamping the lower in a vise with padded jaws. Then get a strap wrench, and unscrew the tube. Be careful with heat on the lower, you could possibly damage it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Back of the receiver extension has two flats (I can see one in the photo).

Either put a wrench on the flats (sides of where the butt stock screw goes into the extension) and hold the receiver still to remove it,

Or

Use the Vise to to retain the receiver entension on the flats, and turn the receiver.
Note: if you have to use the band tool, then strap it acrossed the rear of the reciever over the receiver extension threaded area.  This will prevent you from snapping/bending the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Outstanding she's  bute good luck!!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice, now get that barrell threaded
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Who's Randall, and how can I contact him?
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top