Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:33:52 AM EDT
I just purchased a couple of the new brownells 30 rd. mags. My problem is that they don't quite line up with the mag catch. I have am OLY arms ( I know, I know ) and I know that the quality isn't what it should be. My question is should I file the mag catch slightly so the brownells mags will lock in place like my others, or should I open up the hole on the mags themselves ? I if file the mag catch, with it still keep my other mags in place ?  thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#1]
d00p!

http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=262335
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not asking for any names, just some suggestions that might help with my problem.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:19:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Just a quick update. I filed the mag catch holes (slightly) in the new brownells mags and they latch in just fine. So far, they seem to feed flawlessly. The only problem that i can see is that you have to give them a little pull to come out. I really think that  I just have crappy lower, butb I'll get it to work. Right now, I'm just glad that everything is feeding properly.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top