Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 12:47:30 PM EDT
I have a patch stuck in the receiver end of my barrel.  Normally this wouldn't be a problem except I was trying to pull the patch through using an Otis cleaning kit that uses a cable to pull it through as opposed to a rod.  I have tried to pull the patch out using fine tweezers but it doesn't budge and I just bring up threads from the patch... i've tried pulling it with all my might and that just got it stuck even more.

How can I get this out?  I can't stick a rod up the other end to push it out because the cable is already in the barrel.

I put a ton of CLP down the barrel to try and get things lubed up and the patch moistened, but that didn't help at all

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Come-a-long?

It sounds like your only solution is to keep pulling.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Try putting the cable in a vice then pull on the upper.  You may try putting a rod in the oppisite end of the barrel while the cable is in the vice to keep the tention.  Push with the rod while pulling on the upper.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You may try putting a rod in the oppisite end of the barrel while the cable is in the vice to keep the tention.  Push with the rod while pulling on the upper.  Good luck.

Worked like a charm.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
good deal
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#5]
This is the last time I ever use patches... BoreSnake from now on [:).
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never had the problem you described.  Don't let this scare you away from them.  Just be cautious of how many you use, like one should work okay.  Glad to help.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top