Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2005 5:55:30 PM EDT
I have been haveing a problem with short stroking. When I laod a mag and start to fire every few rounds or so I will pull the trigger and nothing will happen. When I eject the round I see that the case is dented in 2 places and the round is bent. I have been rearding up on this and tore down the rifle today. The bolt and gas rings all look ok. But I did figure out that the gas block hole was about .025 past the gas port on the barrel so I rectified that today. But the question I have is that when I used some wire size drill bits to measure the gas port hole in the barrel the largest bit that would fit in the hole was a .078. So my question is that to small of a hole for the gas port in the barrel. The rifle is an Olympic arms 16inch Carbine.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have been haveing a problem with short stroking.

Sounds like a personal problem to me.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top