Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 1:27:20 PM EDT
When I first got the stock, I thought it was pretty tight.  The other day I got ahold of a AF Colt M4, and the stock was solid.  Needless to say, I'm a little disappointed with the RRA stock now knowing what it could be.  Is there a way to shrink up the stock on the tube?  Maybe with a hairdryer or something?  Thanks for the help.

Mac
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Black electrical tape is you friend,

Dull the stock all the way back and use a pencil to mark how far the stock goes back on the receiver extension.  Now pull the stock off the receiver extension (pull down on the cam, and pull the butt stock off) and wipe the receiver extension down with alcohol.  Now run a strip of tape down the top and down the back, remembering to stop short of the pencil line.  Now do the same from side to side (stopping short of the pencil line).  Now put the stock back on and try it out for fit. If needed, you can double up on the tape strips.

Since I carry the rifle with the butt stock tele'd in, so anything that rattles is also fixed.
Starting just after the castle on the bottom of the receiver extension, wind the tape around 5 times (stopping at the bottom where you started). Now see if the butt stock will slip over the tape (you want tight).  If needed remove a wide of tape at a time and recheck.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
This is for M4 or other stocks with the nylon type plastic ( not the alum. stocks) that are loose on the buffer tube .  
Take the stock off the tube and put it in a vise with a rag around it to keep from marring it up . Squeese it  in the vise but don't go crazy , while it is in the vise take a hair dryer and blow through the stock heating it up , do both ends , this only takes about  1min all together , then ck it for fit on the tube , repeat if nessesary to get desired fit .
You then have a stock that fits nice and tight no rattling !       IceMan_1

Others have had luck with the tape method , I tried it and it was fine till the tape balled up under the stock and I like to never got it off . So this is what I came up with and it works great , I have done several and none have loosened up as yet . But if it does all you would have to do is go through the process again . Try it I think you will like it ! :>)
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Put one strip of black electro tape and and could hardly get the stock back on  Took out what little side wobble and rattle it had.  Might try the hair dryer trick to but this works for now.  Thanks for the replies!!!!!!  

Mac
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top