Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2005 3:35:00 PM EDT
Recently when I was shooting I noticed that some of the primers have blew out of the casings and some casings were split.  I shot 1000 rounds of wolf and I dont think I had this problem till I bought the second case of 1000, I was told it could be a bad lot.  I shot some lake city and no problems.  I would like to keep shooting this ammo if anyone else has had this problem let me know.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Get wolf ammo on the phone like NOW. Do not shoot any more of the ammo until the problem is resolved.

Sounds like the lot has problems, and they will replace the ammo that you have (read they will send a call tag for UPS to pick up the ammo when they delivery the replacement ammo).

www.wolfammo.com

Also, look on the lip of one of the problem lot cases and post back the number of the lot.  You may be alone with this problem, but with the lot Number, others can check what they have and see if they are having the same troubles as you if they are shooting the same lot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The lot numbers are P 235-04  and P 266-05.  Im not sure which lot  the problem ammo came from because the 1000 round case had 500 rounds of each lot.  I contacted wolf an they are sending me a UPS return thing but I dont know if I should have them replace the ammo with a different lot or should I just spend the extra money and get better stuff?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If you just need plinking/burner ammo, the Wolf ammo is fine (non-defective lot).

Not on the other hand, if you want Match ammo, then the price you paid for the case of wolf would be a nice little down payment on a case of Match gold or Black hills.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top