Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2004 1:48:26 PM EDT
I'm going to cut my Bushmaster 16" HBAR down to just over 14.5 and install a Phantom FS soon.  I was wondering if there will be any problems with my gas system and the shorter barrel?  Will I have to enlarge the gas port to make sure that it will cycle properly?  BTW, I'm shooting primarily XM193/Q3131A and I'll also be shooting XM855 also.

Thanks in advance.

Sarge
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Tweak.  

I was hoping I would not have to open the port .  I'm just waiting for my machinist to get his new lathe set up.  

Sarge
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to do the same to my colt 16" upper. How do you plan to perm. attach the FS? I was thinking drill a little hole, put in a pin and spot weld over the top. A little work with the file and some cold blue, we're in buisness!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How do you plan to perm. attach the FS?

I am going for the down and dirty attachment.  Spot weld it in 2 places with a mig welder.
The temp will not get high enough to damage or warp the barrel and it will still be removable with a dremel tool.

Sarge
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top