Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 3:38:31 AM EDT
i was shooting my new a2 that i assembled and after a few shots the gun started to jam. the bolt will stick open without the latch hitting it and even if there are rounds in the mag.

i released the mag and still the bolt is in the rear, after a few seconds it automatically closes.
It did this a lot and i then opened the stock.

the buff seemed to be eaten by the screw on the but. i cut the screw around 1/4of an inch and cleaned it touroghly.

my question is this screw too long and what is the screw length that you guys have. Ill trim it again if it jams but can you guys give me an idea how long is this screw?

thanks
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The A-2 butt stock uses a spacer and long screw. Do you have an A-1 butt stock. If so, you need the shorter screw. The buffer should not hit the screw if you are using the correct one. Does the buffer still hang after cutting down the screw? You may need a new buffer if its damaged bad.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
i have not fired it with the shorter screw but i have an A2 but stock and the screw is long, i did not see any washer though.

do you have the screw dimentions of the A2 screw? It still looks like my screw is still long even if i cut 1/4 of an inch on it.

before cutting it i would pull on the charging handle and the bolt will hang a little. when i cleaned the tube and cut the screw it seems to disappear. Now ill just have to wait till weekend to try it again.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top