Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 10:33:39 AM EDT
i have a rra midlength AR with a g27 grip that keeps loosening after a 100 or so rounds.  i cant tighten it up too much either because it makes it impossible to move the selector.  i tried a spacer washer, that helps the selector prob but makes the loose prob worse.

now everytime i take it out i have to keep a flathead in my pocket.

what do i do?
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You need a star washer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Star washer and a LITTLE bit of blue Locktite.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
i got a star washer.

its not working.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#4]
the locktite isnt a bad idea. i guess ill try that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i cant tighten it up too much either because it makes it impossible to move the selector.
View Quote

The pistol grip screw is too long. The end of it is pushing the trigger into the body of the selector. You need a shorter screw. Degrease the threads of the pistol grip screw and the pistol grip screw hole thoroughly then use blue loctite. The threads of one or the other may be slightly off or the pistol grip screw hole may be stripped. Check both before assembling.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top