Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2003 10:36:38 AM EDT
Last night I installed a short LE buttstock on my Oly PCR lower, and then installed my new RRA M4 upper on that. After getting everything on, the bolt catch would not hold the bolt back. ALso, the bolt would not go all the way forward when the handle was relased.  I removed the stock screws, and everything was ok again.  I surmised that the upper screw was somehow impinging on the buffer spring, but that's just a guess. Is this a fairly common problem when changing stocks?  I finally got everything to work, but I had to insert a washer to keep the upper screw from going in too deep. If I allowed the screw to go all the way in, I had a lot of wiggle at the stock junction. The washer solved that problem, but now the screw does stick out a bit. The screw had some old blue loctite in the threads- think it might be just an out of spec screw and a new one would fix the problem?  Thanks, Nimbus
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a LEO stock on a Bushy lower.
It came with it's own tube,buffer,and spring.

You may have a slightly long screw , or you may
have screwed in the buffer tube too much.

Also - I installed the trapdoor buttplate
off my A2 buttstock. (YES it Fits)

Check the screw and tube.

[img]http://compjrk.home.mindspring.com/dadcar.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Does the stubby stock require an A1 screw rather than the 5/8" longer A2 screw?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your replies.  I'm not real sure about the top screw, but it is quite short.  I took a utility knife and cleaned the threads, removing the old "loctite" or similar material. The fit between the stock and the lower was not perfect, but I solved the problem by placing bits of a rubber O-ring in the circular cut-out area of the lower receiver, next to the retainer spring for the take-down pin.  It tightened up the fit really nice. The screw now tightens all the way down also, and I've got a good solid fit between the stock and receiver. Thanks for your interest- I hope my experience might help someone else.  Nimbus
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top