Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 12:54:47 PM EDT
I must be an idiot but I can't get the gapper to go all the way in.  I have a Hogue grip that I have not removed and I'm installing the gapper with the small ledge inside the "gap".  I've got it 3/4 of the way in but cannot get it to "snap" into place.  WTH am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Drivie
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Ditch the gapper and buy a Duckbill tactical. I chipped off part of a preban lower trying to install one of those gappers. Good luck.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks TWIRE but I've already used the Hogue grip and I don't think I want to change to another grip.  Hopefully I can figure out why this thing isn't going in and fix it soon...otherwise I'll just ditch it altogether.

Drivie
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not loosen up the Hogue?  The Gapper should fit easily then and be more secure.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Red,

I'll give it a try.

Drivie
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why not loosen up the Hogue?  The Gapper should fit easily then and be more secure.

Good luck!
View Quote

What he said --- just loosen up the grip a little, hold gapper in place and retighten. If you loosen too much be sure to seat your spring.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top