Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2022 1:49:56 AM EDT
Hey I am new to the site, and I was reading a thread from 2010 about SS muzzle devices and it got me to wondering:

I just bought a 13.7 Ballistics advantage government 4150

and I want to pin/weld or SS a muzzle device

I got the dead air Keymo Muzzle brake

Anyone have any experiencing pairing these 2? or a 13.7 in general?

A few videos I've seen say you can pin/weld this to 16 but wanted some other experiences?

Thank you and I appreciate your time!
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:01:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've read here that it won't make 16" length. Looks like the Keymo brake is 2.6" so with thread overlap you're looking at 15.8". I wouldn't want to use .2"+ of spacers especially with a can mount.
View Quote

would that be because you're allowed to use cans where you live?

Where I live we can't get cans, so maybe that wouldn't be a problem for me?

And where I live I MUST use a brake for my configuration

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The Dead Air won’t make it 16in on a 13.7 barrel.  You will need the SOLGW Nox or a couple others.  The Dead Air will only make a 13.9 lethal length.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome

You could also buy a 13.9 giving you a lot more options and save the 13.7 for a future project.

Trust me, you are going to build more than one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Welcome

You could also buy a 13.9 giving you a lot more options and save the 13.7 for a future project.

View Quote

That's true. I bought this as a tax return present to myself for my birthday. However I got less than expected and wasn't able to buy what I really really wanted. And I couldn't find any 13.9 completes in my budget range. It sucks
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's true. I bought this as a tax return present to myself for my birthday. However I got less than expected and wasn't able to buy what I really really wanted. And I couldn't find any 13.9 completes in my budget range. It sucks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome

Primary Arms runs the 13.9 for 12% off, subscribe to their email and wait for a frequent sale.

BA 13.9s

Faxon 13.9

Righttobear and Armorally or two more good vendors.

ETA

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Primary Arms runs the 13.9 for 12% off, subscribe to their email and wait for a frequent sale.

BA 13.9s

Faxon 13.9

ETA

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187445/VeryReasonable_PNG-2471913.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome

BA 13.9s

Faxon 13.9

ETA

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187445/VeryReasonable_PNG-2471913.JPG

Shoot I could do that and since I already have an upper just slap it on that
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Thought id try to put this here for anyone who comes across this and wondering also. Bexar arms did a great write up

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MOqcc3ic_CkXLnq21GfE0Zty2uKxoPPdiAH63UHvTig/edit#gid=0
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top