Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 6:11:03 PM EDT
just received a 16" ,1in7  bbl. only. When I eyed everything up for assembly I noticed the gas port/gas block alignment is intended for a free float setup. I intended to use stock handguards and obviously when the handguard cap is used this throws everything out of alignment. Is this the common setup now where all bbl's are set up this way? The problem will be resolved after taking .030" of the rear of the block (I hope). Just somethig to be aware of when ordering a new bbl. Hope this is of some use
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
It will probably work just fine with the cap installed. The gas block hole is much larger than the port.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top