Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2016 12:26:59 PM EDT
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa366/Cuda1314/AR-15%20first%20build/P1080853_zpsplignebz.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa366/Cuda1314/AR-15%20first%20build/P1080855_zpsn6pdxwkr.jpg

It's been a long road to get to this day.  I started this build at the worst possible time, December of 2014.  I took my time and researched parts, looked at videos, and asked questions waiting for prices to get back to a more normal level.  I slowly picked up parts and have finally finished.  All that's left is checking headspace and shooting it.  I have a couple of crush washers left over so that might be the basis for my second build....

Here are the parts I used:

Lower

Spikes Punisher lower
RBA build your own lower parts kit
Magpul enhanced trigger guard
Hiperfire EDT
Magpul MIAD 1.1 pistol grip
Magpul ACS-L stock
RBA buffer tube assembly
Rifle Taylor bullet button
CMMG ambi safety
Hexmag

Upper

Right To Bear Arms Nickel Teflon upper receiver
Fortis "Hammer" charging handle
Aim Surplus black nitride bcg V2
Green Mountain 18" .223 Wylde, 1:8 twist, rifle length gas
SLR Rifleworks Sentry 7 adjustable gas block
Ballistic advantage gas tube-black nitride
SLR Rifleworks 14" Solo Lite handguard
B.E. Myers 249f Flash Hider
Magpul MBUS Pro front and rear sights
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice! Don't worry about it taking a long time to build, my first rifle was that way too!

I'm curious about the trigger and HexMag. Looking at the EDT myself and have heard mixed things about the HexMags.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  While I haven't shot it yet the trigger is very smooth with no discernible creep.  I may swap out the 5 lb spring for the lighter one once I get a chance to play with it.  We'll see how the Hexmag goes.  It's what the local shop had in stock at the time.  You have to slam it pretty good to get it to seat but there isn't any play once it's in.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top