Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2014 5:50:37 AM EDT
Hey all I'm working on 2 builds at the same time and for the first few months they are going to have to share a lower.
1 is a 16" 6.8, the other is a 16" .300AAC.
The 6.8 will be a mid length Gas system (ARP), and the .300 will be a carbine gas system (no sub sonics being used).

I see a lot of people running an H2 buffer with a Springco Red spring in their 6.8 rigs...My question is, will this still be a good setup for the .300?? Also, would the Spikes ST-T2 Buffer be ok to use in place of the H2 since I already have one? I think the spikes is a little lighter 4.05oz compared to 4.7oz in an H2 if my memory is correct.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 5:54:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I would just try both uppers with what you have on hand. If they both work fine with what you have there is no need to buy another buffer.

I was under the same predicament when I built my AR pistol after reading so many problems with buffers, but when I went and shot it with the one that came with the buffer tube it ran flawlessly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 6:03:38 AM EDT
[#2]
surprisingly the spikes ST-2 is the one I have on hand lol....I had it in my .223 rig before switching to a rifle buffer....the only thing I need to buy is a spring then
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 5.56 carbine upper and a 6.8 rifle upper and use the same carbine buffer with both. I haven't had any problems with either. The main thing to remember is use a carbine buffer with an adjustable carbine stock and rifle buffer with an A1/A2 fixed stock.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#4]
yea def. I only switched my .223 to a rifle buffer because I went to the full length Ace stock
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top