Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 7:47:45 PM EDT
So I initiated this build after building my own .223 5.56 build AR, however I posed another project on myself.  I bought a multi cal. Aluminum billet Lower receiver only, nothing else.  So I pose my question to you, what do I need for the complete lower?  The upper is a separate issue and my concern only lies with the lower being completed.  Can I use a standard lower assembly trigger kit?  What's the difference I will see in parts needed.  As well because it is a multi.cal. I would want the option of being able to switch out the 9mm to a .223 5.56 setup, and I'm hoping the lower parts will able me to do so.  Please let me know.

Thank you,

John
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:17:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is a recent thread in the pistol caliber forum with some info for you.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/629999_Quick_Questions_About_9mm_AR.html
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:45:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Appreciated.  Spoke to a very knowledgable 9mm colt style AR dealer yesterday and wow.  I now have an almost practical universal complete lower to swap in and out both 9mm & .223/5.56 uppers with ramped bolts with the exception of one part to make it all happen, the mag block.   Again thank you
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#3]
No need to Thank me.  That being said,  you are very welcome.

Im glad to hear you found a build path you will be happy with.

Just wait till the BRD sets in again...
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top