Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 3:25:21 PM EDT
I understand Adco is supposed to be the go-to company for barrel work, but I'll leave my experience up for interpretation...

Back in March, I was building a 14.5" AR and decided to go with a pinned/welded Surefire muzzle brake. I had already ordered an MB556K-PN, ("PN" meaning the pin hole was already drilled) and had it sitting in front of me when I talked to the guy on the phone. I was told that if the pin hole was of the correct diameter, I would not be billed the extra $55 they normally charge for Surefire devices. I measured the hole, and confirmed that it was the correct size. I received my completed barrel in about a week, which, at the time, was a quick turn around. Everything seemed to be done flawlessly, except for some scuff marks on the barrel. Nothing serious, as it was by no means to be a piece of artwork.

I went several months without seeing a charge on my account, and even emailed them about it to make sure everything was good. They told me not to worry about it and that it happens from time to time. I later felt like an idiot (and still do) when I was reviewing my other account, which I almost never use, and noticed the charge. I was charged the $55 for the Surefire brake in addition to the $30 to blind pin it.

Moral of the story, I guess, is to not send Adco an already drilled SF muzzle brake in hopes that you will save the extra $55. Not sure how many people have done this, but this is me documenting my experience.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]
did you contact them and allow them a chance to right the wrong?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]
They have an industry forum. That's probably a more appropriate place for this post. Did you try to contact them to explain the billing mistake?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#3]
nine seconds carbon
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nine seconds carbon
View Quote

Crap. LOL
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#6]
ADCO...sees all
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I did contact them, but not about the additional cost. When I spoke with the guy back in March, he told me they would charge extra if the hole wasn't big enough. There's no way they would remember my order, and I just figured since they charged me the extra $55, they determined that it was the correct amount for my order. All I know is I measured the hole myself, and it was the correct diameter. I asked the guy over the phone if it mattered if it was a few thousandths of an inch off, and he said it shouldn't.

Like I said though, everything is up for interpretation. I'm not blasting Adco; they do very good work. I just expect them to be true to what they tell me over the phone.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I have never had anything done by adco, but its kind of hard to give an answer over the phone when the person you are talking to cant see the piece. They posted a little further up saying that those devices dont have the right size hole and it seems that the person on the phone should have given you that info.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Not tech read rules
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top