Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 2:26:20 PM EDT
There was yet another question about "are PSA lowers good?" in the AR Discussions forum, and among the replies were multiple comments about why folks are asking this sort of question.  It looks like a single place for good/bad opinions on this sort of thing may be a useful thing.  I'll start.

My question is about Anderson Manufacturing.  Are their receivers in-spec?  Anyone have problems with the parts, or the manufacturer?  Any idea who mills the receivers for them?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Why ????? Every question has been answered here a 100 times...People just need to get off their lazy asses and look...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why ????? Every question has been answered here a 100 times...People just need to get off their lazy asses and look...
View Quote
A little cranky tonight eh tbougie?? Or are you a newly appointed tech police and are flexing your internet muscles??

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

First, the search function is weird, and it doesn't work much at all for non-paid members.  Second, if we actually have some of this stuff collected and organized then everybody can benefit from the group input.  Finally, any input on my question instead of just stating that my title rubs you the wrong way?

Not "every" question has been answered.  Mine hasn't been, and I DID search.  Lots of hits on "Anderson Manufacturing," but they were nearly all in the "In Stock" threads from the panic.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A little cranky tonight eh tbougie?? Or are you a newly appointed tech police and are flexing your internet muscles??

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
First, the search function is weird, and it doesn't work much at all for non-paid members.  Second, if we actually have some of this stuff collected and organized then everybody can benefit from the group input.  Finally, any input on my question instead of just stating that my title rubs you the wrong way?

Not "every" question has been answered.  Mine hasn't been, and I DID search.  Lots of hits on "Anderson Manufacturing," but they were nearly all in the "In Stock" threads from the panic.

Don't take it personally. He was acting like that in my thread too. Probably been dealing with his kids or something all day and thinks everyone must be dumb.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Don't take it personally. He was acting like that in my thread too. Probably been dealing with his kids or something all day and thinks everyone must be dumb.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry guys, shitty day yesterday and took it out on you guys...I'll be better next time..
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:01:52 AM EDT
[#6]
OP I have an Anderson lower with a CMMG lower parts kit. Mags drop free and everything went together great. I have no clue who makes the lowers ? I think Anderson does, but someone who actually knows will chime in. I love the finish on mine and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, shitty day yesterday and took it out on you guys...I'll be better next time..
View Quote

It's all cool.  Looking back, I was a little snappish with my reply too.  

I really did have a good reason for starting the thread.  If we can get a Mod to decide this is a Good Idea, maybe we can get something tacked that we can at least point newbies to instead of hashing stuff out all over again (every time).  It sort of works in Ammo and Reloading, so what the heck?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Eh, even if it's tacked no one will read it, you've been around long enough to know that

Anyways Anderson is a bunch of shills. Have come on this site multiple times pretending to be new members asking about the quality of Anderson parts and touting the greatness of them.

Regardless of the functionality of their parts I would never support a company with my money that shills like that. Why would I want the name of a bunch of lying con artists on the side of my rifle?

So there, one vote for Anderson being a bunch of crooked shills.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unfortunately, the search function doesn't work on this site, so unless there is a grass roots effort made to improve the site mechanics, you're just going to have to watch the same posts come up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over .....
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Regardless of some arcom'ers hatred of Anderson's marketing tactics they manufacture solid parts, it doesn't really bother me, if I owned a business I'd try to get my name out however I could.  I've assembled a few uppers and lowers for myself and friends over the last few months and everyone of them went together like butter. I've been impressed with their components.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Regardless of some arcom'ers hatred of Anderson's marketing tactics they manufacture solid parts, it doesn't really bother me, if I owned a business I'd try to get my name out however I could.  I've assembled a few uppers and lowers for myself and friends over the last few months and everyone of them went together like butter. I've been impressed with their components.
View Quote

eh, integrity isn't for everyone.  I just prefer the companies I deal with to not treat me like a mark.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top