Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 7:48:12 AM EDT
A friend of mine gave me a complete AR-15 minus the bare lower receiver.  Everything arrived as expected except the bolt carrier group and charging handle.  These were sent via USPS First Class and are already two weeks late.

Any experiences with this?  The shipment only had to cross one timezone.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A friend of mine gave me a complete AR-15 minus the bare lower receiver.  Everything arrived as expected except the bolt carrier group and charging handle.  These were sent via USPS First Class and are already two weeks late.

Any experiences with this?  The shipment only had to cross one timezone.

The post office loses stuff.  Not sure what to say.  Hope you had insured it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:13:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I work for UPS next time use the brown. I also have a PO Box and am always getting other peoples mail stuck in my box, they have "lost" my stuff in the past. Not impressed with USPS and avoid at all cost!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#3]
There will lost or stolen items from any mail/parcel delivery service. Talk to your mail carrier & your post master to see if they can help. Not likely, however, unless you had it insured or delivery confimation.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I can see that insurance is needed if the product in the package is not secure then gets damaged but to need insurance
for when usps dont do the job and looses your package is just not right.
Paying someone insurance to do a job is BS in my opinion
OK I'm off the soap box now
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#6]
UPS lost my new Daniel Defense barrel.  

I had a new one in just a few days.   Not sure how it works with a private seller though.  I hope it works out for you

edit**  I just realized that USPS sent the package.   They require insurance to get your stuff back, do you know if your friend bought them>?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a complete upper I ordered a few years ago that they delivered to another house down the street.  Im glad the poor sucker opened the box because it scared the crap out of him enough that he brought it to me.  But it made me think if he had really wanted to he could have walked away with it and never said a thing.  I use to be friendly with my mail man but in the past few years it is a mail lady who can't even say hello when I see her outside.  

If you go through the lost and stolen firearms page here you will see a lot of stuff gets lost by USPS and I am sure some of it doesn't end up in the lost and found...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I am still waiting on to things I ordered on 7 and 8 Nov. One of the sellers even called me to substitute an out of stock item with a less expensive, in stock item and said it would ship that day. No tracking numbers from either seller although I have emailed both today to see if they have any more info.

I have seen two different mail carriers in my apt complex and the one I met was a total bitch.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I sell quite a bit of stuff on the bay and ship 99 percent
of all my sales USPS and have never ever had a problem.
I insure everything I ship.. If it is on their dime they will
make sure it gets there in one piece.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Insurance only covers the shipper not the recipient.

In some cases it's a double payday for scammers.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Insurance covers both party's. If I ship you something and
it arrives damaged you can file a claim. if I ship an item
that never gets to you I can fill a claim and reimburse
you your money. When you ship without insurance the shipper
has no skin in the game and you already paid them up front.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#12]
And they wonder why they are going belly up... I mailed off 2 MO Monday... Making me wonder if they will ever get them...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:14:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can see that insurance is needed if the product in the package is not secure then gets damaged but to need insurance
for when usps dont do the job and looses your package is just not right.
Paying someone insurance to do a job is BS in my opinion
OK I'm off the soap box now

When items become damaged it's really the responsibility of the shipper to make sure the item is properly packaged.  Now if it looks like it was ran over then that would be different.  In regards to losing a package that's really why insurance is available in my opinion.  I've sold 500+ items and almost always use USPS unless it is a larger item.  Never had one item lost.  The expensive items that I wouldn't want to pay out of pocket for if it got lost I insured.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Insurance covers both party's. If I ship you something and
it arrives damaged you can file a claim. if I ship an item
that never gets to you I can fill a claim and reimburse
you your money. When you ship without insurance the shipper
has no skin in the game and you already paid them up front.

Ultimately its the responsibility of the shipper to make sure the package is received by the purchaser.  In the case of a CC dispute or ebay this would be the case.  Personally it seems like the right thing in my opinion.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top