Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2012 6:49:14 PM EDT
I am a newbie to the AR15 world. I have started out with the Spikes lower. I got a hold of the Spikes enhanced lower parts kit with an ALG combat trigger tuned by Geissele Automatics. I am starting to look at the uppers now. I think I am going for a completed upper kit. Looking at a 16", probably a middy. This will be a SHTF weapon. I will use it for a bit on the range until I build something specifically for the range. I really want this to be the best for the money style rifle (needs to be dependable). I do like the free float quad side style. I like the flip sights and will of course accessorize with a front grip, light, and some type of scope. I have looked at the Spikes LE 16 middy with 9" quad. I have also looked at the BCM but appears to be a couple hundred dollars more expensive. Any other ideas/recommendations out there? Is the BCM worth it? I am also looking at the VLTOR stocks. Decisions, Decisions!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#1]
BCM makes some quality gear.  Keep in mind that most uppers are listed without bolt carrier group or charging handle...so that's extra.  On the Spikes, if you can find it in stock anywhere...they're good to go too.. The BCM may actually be in stock...

You might also look at Palmetto State...a little less expensive.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/complete-uppers/m4-ss12g2-madness-16-cmv-chrome-lined-stripped-railed-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I notice that the Spikes comes with both a charging handle and BCG. I wounder if the BCM does?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I notice that the Spikes comes with both a charging handle and BCG. I wounder if the BCM does?

It will say for each individual upper whether or not it comes with BCG and CH or not. IIRC, most do not.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top