Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2012 4:42:40 PM EDT
I just finished a build using a Zombie Defense lower that came with the trigger group.  While trying the rifle out, I have a doubling problem. Not all the time but several times over 50 or so rounds.  Once is too much for me so I changed the trigger group to a new Geissele Super Semi Auto Enhanced Trigger.  Took it out today and after about 20 rounds, it did it again.  The Geissele comes with the disconnector spring already installed.  I read on another post that this could be a possible problem, but with a brand new trigger group with the spring installed, I'm looking at possibly another problem.  Does anyone have any idea why this is still happening?
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You probably installed your disconnector spring upside down.  Fat end to the bottom.

If that's not it, come back with pics and we'll work through it.

If an all-factory group is doing it, it's become worn or peened much too quickly - send it back, rather than ruin your warranty by filing the foot of the disconnector to increase the overlap.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a brand new trigger group.  It's the second new group that I've used in this.  
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/atvjunkie660/Firearms/100_0908.jpg
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 4:35:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Ammo.
Hammer or trigger pin in wrong place.
Firing pin.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:29:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Disassemble and clean your bolt carrier group to make sure your firing pin isn't sticking causing slam fires.  Your trigger group holes may be out of spec causing poor engagement.  Unless you have a way of checking this, I would send it back.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I'll let you know what I find
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't find anything different from the Zombie Defense lower than that of the Bushmaster, Stag, or Rock River.  I checked pin location and they are the same.  I was wondering if the hammer spring might be too strong and might not let the hammer come back and engage the trigger again, instead, letting it follow the bolt back up and causing the doubling.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#7]
When you function check can you hear the disco click??? With the gun unloaded, dry fire, hold the trigger back and recharge the rifle, let go of the trigger, there should be an audible click as the disco engages. Could be an unintentional bump fire also..
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#8]
How exactly did you check the pin locations?
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 4:50:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just finished a build using a Zombie Defense lower that came with the trigger group.  While trying the rifle out, I have a doubling problem. Not all the time but several times over 50 or so rounds.  Once is too much for me so I changed the trigger group to a new Geissele Super Semi Auto Enhanced Trigger.  Took it out today and after about 20 rounds, it did it again.  The Geissele comes with the disconnector spring already installed.  I read on another post that this could be a possible problem, but with a brand new trigger group with the spring installed, I'm looking at possibly another problem.  Does anyone have any idea why this is still happening?

I suggest you call Geissele right way for advice on what might be happening here.  Your ZD lower may be out of spec.  I've been through several triggers with my one and only lower.  When I installed a Jard single stage, I got a really nice 2# letoff, but also got the dreaded doubling.  Not sure if it was the trigger failing to disconnect or just a bumpfire from the very light letoff.  In any event, I gave up on the Jard and switched to a Geissele SSA-E two stage and have been ultra reliable ever since.  If your rifle is still doubling, something else is going on. - CW

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 7:12:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Why does that SSA-E look different from these pictured in Geisseles link below?  edit-  Ah nevermine. i thought that was the hammer in your pic.

http://geissele.com/supersemi-automaticenhanced.aspx
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#11]
caliper
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Got a couple new springs from Geissele.  Going to try it out today and see how it works.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
caliper

What we going to do??? Measure it????

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top