Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2012 4:21:59 PM EDT
I have a JP trigger which is pretty nice but I can detect some creep and it looks like a lot is from the trigger pin. I can see it visually moving as I pull the trigger. Do they make trigger pins that have a tighter fit than the standard 0.154 you can buy at midway? Any other ideas to solve this? I don't want to tighten the engagement screw on the JP anymore because I did have it tighter before but the sear was not catching 100%.

Link Posted: 4/15/2012 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
JP also sells over sized anti-walk pins http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPAW-1 I installed these on my build. They are very nice with a small amount of fitting there is ZERO play in the trigger and hammer parts.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
JP also sells over sized anti-walk pins http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPAW-1 I installed these on my build. They are very nice with a small amount of fitting there is ZERO play in the trigger and hammer parts.

+1 on the above.  Their oversize pins work great.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I should have remembered they had those.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
This has got to be a first
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A 1st for what?
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 1st for what?

Probably mocking me for thinking my pins are contributing to creep.

Who knows, maybe somethings wrong with my current pins/lower.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Rock River ships "oversize" pins with its RRNM trigger sets . Some time you will need to buff them a bit to install them , I believe they are available through any Rock River dealer
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 1st for what?

Probably mocking me for thinking my pins are contributing to creep.

Who knows, maybe somethings wrong with my current pins/lower.

458 never actually contributes to threads. He just posts crap like this. There may be 1 or 2 useful or helpful posts in his 4900 posts. But I've never seen one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#9]
i just installed a Timmney 3# trigger for a 6.8 build and it has two set screws that applies upward force on the trigger group which tightens the pins. I am not sure if the JP trigger is a similar design or not.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top