Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2012 7:58:55 AM EDT
Hello,

I'm in the planning stages of my FDE build and I'm trying to source a barrel.

I'd like a 14.5", but I don't know of a place locally that can pin it with a muzzle device to make it legal.

If I buy one pinned and welded, will it be impossible to get a gas block or a barrel nut over it? Can't be, right? Otherwise why would they sell them like that?

Does anyone sell a 14.5" with a muzzle device pinned and welded that also includes a gas block and barrel nut?

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I was in the same boat when I was building mine.  I never did find a place that would do it.  The gas block and barrel nut have to go on before the muzzle attachment.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Call up Rainier Arms... they should be able to sort you out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Rainier will or you can send it to adco
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#4]
make sure you muzzel brake makes the length of your barrel a little over 16" then silver solder it on (or have some one silver solder it on for you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
make sure you muzzel brake makes the length of your barrel a little over 16" then silver solder it on (or have some one silver solder it on for you.

+1

you can easily do this yourself.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
ADCO
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Bushmaster 14.5 with pinned Izzy 4th one down. PK Firearms used to sell these for less but they don't seem to have any in stock right now. I bought a Bushmaster 14.5 w/ pinned YHM phantom from them a while back for $250 I think. It came with standard barrel nut and FSB already installed.

CMMG sells some: 14.7" carbine gas and 14.5" Midlength gas

I'm sure there are more
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Spikes Tactical sells 14.5" barrels......still waiting for mine.

keep you updated( worth the wait)
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 2:44:19 AM EDT
[#9]
i went with a YHM barrel that was already pinned and welded, and put their 2 piece specter gas block on it. it fits under my 1st gen MI SS tube but has clearance issues with smaller diameter tubes.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top