Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 2:20:24 PM EDT
my build is finally done,
range report to follow at the latest thursday. i finally received my final package from laure today, and completed the build just a few minutes ago

Parts:
Armalite stripped lower ( i had to send the first one back, interesting story)
a2 stock and components
Stag lpk
bcm stripped upper
bcm bolt
bcm gunfighter mod 4 charging handle
noveske spr 18" 1/7" poly barrel
larue 13,2 rail
smith ent. vortex
larue lt-104 w/ mark 4 4.5-14x illum.

and a partridge and a pear tree

happy new year
Catchgeo

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice build. What was wrong with the first lower?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nice build. What was wrong with the first lower?

it’s kinda funny.  Every lower, or AR as a matter of fact has had a problem. my stag had huge ass burr in the chamber and they ended up replacing the upper for me....

On to your question:

The front takedown pin holes on the lower were, i guess, miss aligned. Im not  talking a few thou, but like they were so off the when you would actually lock the gun up, it would bind as all hell. i actually shot the old lower with my stag upper last winter when it was cold and physically took 3 people to separate the lower from the upper, albeit this was w/out tools, but it was awful

Needless to say, armalite did their job and had no problems getting a new lower from them.

edit: numerous typos
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#3]
56k beware?!?!  hello? what's that?  1997 just called and wants their saying back...

jk, kinda

Awesome rifle!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted: 1997 just called and wants their saying back...

jk, kinda

Awesome rifle!!

Hahaha, thanks man –– I know,
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
56k beware?!?!  hello? what's that?  1997 just called and wants their saying back...

jk, kinda

Awesome rifle!!

I think now it should say (bad 3g cellphones beware)
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
OK

as promised..... range report

took the gun out to the range this morning as it was warmer than yesterday... still cold though

gun functioned well, besides a few FTF, which i assume are because of my shitty 20rnd mag (knowing my luck, i prob fecked up the gas system)

regardless of that, accuracy was phenominal. couldnt be more pleased

as to the FTF or possible shortstroking(FML) ill just have to figure it out
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top