Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2011 6:59:32 PM EDT
what would the experts say is the best Carbon Fiber Free float tube on the market..???  i thought that the PRI GEN III Free Float hanguard rail system was the best...

but what makes it better then say an aluminum free float tube or rail..???   why are they sOooo much more expensive????

what are the pro's and con's ???

Link Posted: 10/28/2011 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Check out the Alexander Arms G10 composite handguard at about half the price of the PRI one and much lighter.

Link Posted: 10/28/2011 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
These from Lancer look nice.  I plan on trying one out on my next build.
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I went with a Clark Custom.  Good bang for the buck forearm.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I will def have one of the Lancer ones for an upcoming build just because it looks awesome.  With that said, I didn't like the idea of the tube being glued to something so I went with the AP Customs one.  For the price, its great.  Really good finish, attaches with a clamping system to the stock barrel nut, very easy install.  There is a mini review of it I did over in the rifles and uppers section down below this.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Try Hiperform.  Best price and they will do custom work.  Here's the link to their site:

http://www.hiperform.com/hand-guards.htm

Here's an AR I built using one of their CF tubes.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top