Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2011 10:18:31 PM EDT
Hi, I am planning on building my first AR15. Right now I am considering a Del-Ton Inc. M4 upper(with moe furniture), Del-Ton lower parts kit and a Spikes tactical stripped lower. I have a budget of $700 are there any better options out there for the money. I am completely new to AR's and I like what I see from the Del-Ton reviews and the Spikes tactical. I just made the decision to build, about a week ago and I have been scouring the web for info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#1]
A lot of people are using Palmetto State Armory stripped uppers & stripped lowers. There are a lot of different brands out there. Prices are not constant. In other words some companies are cheaper at times.

Barrels are a preference and their quality & performance differs.

The lower parts you use could be considered more of a preferences. I honestly haven't used all that many different brands, but so far I like Rock River lower parts.

Trigger type/brand is also a preference with function as they are not all the same. They all function, but if you've ever tried a high performance trigger you'll know what I mean about the difference.

Hand guard type is also a preference, but it is true that accuracy is best with a free float hand guard. The MOE furniture is a drop-in replacement for other plastic non-free-float hand guards.

Sights are a preference.
FRONT SIGHTS: Many prefer a fixed front sight. Others prefer to use folding front sight. Folding front sights can be attached to a free float hand guard and other folding sights can be attached to a railed gas block.

REAR SIGHTS: Many that like to use optics prefer to have folding rear BUIS (back up iron sight). Some prefer a fixed rear sight.

Whether or not you choose to fully assemble your own AR from scratch is up to you. Price it out and compare what you would get by buying a fully assembled upper.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top