Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2011 7:51:31 AM EDT
I am one the edge of starting my first build and could use a little advice.  I got in on the PSA group buy and got a pair of lowers.  They came in yesterday and I am super happy, what a deal.  I am looking to put together a 24" prairie dog blaster.  I am new to the AR-15 and at this point not sure I want to put much money in buying tools so I have been looking at 24" varmint kits.  I had been thinking of getting a model1sales 24" stainless kit, but I read some posts about issues with model1 parts, customer service and some sort of credit card scam.  Suffice to say I'm not real interested in dealing with any of that.  I have a pal who did a model1 build 4 or so years ago and was happy with it hence my initial interest in their kits.  I'm fairly budget conscious, but don't want to sacrifice accuracy.  Does anyone have a preferred kit provider that might offer what I'm looking for?  I had also considered getting a PSA lower build kit and an assembled upper.  Any recommendations on an assembled 24" SS bull upper at a reasonable price?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I am one the edge of starting my first build and could use a little advice. I got in on the PSA group buy and got a pair of lowers. They came in yesterday and I am super happy, what a deal. I am looking to put together a 24" prairie dog blaster. I am new to the AR-15 and at this point not sure I want to put much money in buying tools so I have been looking at 24" varmint kits. I had been thinking of getting a model1sales 24" stainless kit, but I read some posts about issues with model1 parts, customer service and some sort of credit card scam. Suffice to say I'm not real interested in dealing with any of that. I have a pal who did a model1 build 4 or so years ago and was happy with it hence my initial interest in their kits. I'm fairly budget conscious, but don't want to sacrifice accuracy. Does anyone have a preferred kit provider that might offer what I'm looking for? I had also considered getting a PSA lower build kit and an assembled upper. Any recommendations on an assembled 24" SS bull upper at a reasonable price? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I have been happy with my 26" White Oak Arms. Price was reasonable as was turn around time.

http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/complete_uppers.htm
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Jt distributing site sponsor above
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone done business with kb-mfg?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top