Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2010 9:13:25 AM EDT
My Sabre Defence upper didnt come with a front sight sling swivel. Bought one and a rivet off MidwayUSA. Awesome service, fast shipping, etc...

How do I go about installing this rivet?
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I did this...place the swivel in the tab, push the pin through..then I used a prick punch to push the edges on the rivet down and finished the edges with a roll pin punch and 4oz hammer.

FYI..a prick punch is a real thing and can be found at sears..it looks like a regular punch but it has a point on the end
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I've read the easy to do it and have it come out looking "right" (without buying some special tool) is to use a BB pellet and a vice. You install the pin and swivel and then put the BB in the hole of the pin then clamp it with a vice. The should roll the edges of the pin over for a factory look? (Never done it myself so I can't say for sure?)
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've read the easy to do it and have it come out looking "right" (without buying some special tool) is to use a BB pellet and a vice. You install the pin and swivel and then put the BB in the hole of the pin then clamp it with a vice. The should roll the edges of the pin over for a factory look? (Never done it myself so I can't say for sure?)

I've used the BB method.  It worked but it doesn't look like a factory job.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Here a proper tool to set the shop end of the rivet.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top