Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2009 9:43:21 PM EDT
I ordered all the components for a DCM style build. This includes DPMS 20 inch stainless barrel. YHM A3 upper, S&W lower that I already have.  I ordered a Timney trigger and A2 stock from midway that was shipped via UPS. I ordered all of the other misc parts including DPMS detachable carry handle and the match sights handuards Etc. Etc. from Brownells shipped via Fed-Ex. As you all know it's really something to look forward to when you  are at work and you know it will be there when you get home because you checked the tracking numbers and they show delivered. Well I got home and the front porch was empty. Both deliveries show delivered approximately 10 minutes appart from UPS and Fed-Ex but there is nothing on my porch. It would appear that some low life has stolen the parts to complete my build. I am very upset about this theft as these thieves have stolen nearly $600.00 in parts. I will give an update on weather or not brownells and Midway send new shipments or make me eat the $600.00.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
OUCH! I always worry about that happening––but never has. Hope it all works out for ya.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
UPS can be forced to reimburse based on their own policies they have with contract customers (Midway and Brownell's will have to fight for it).  Fedex on the other hand has no guarantees for their corporate customers in a "driver released" scenario.

I'm quite surprised that adult signature wasn't required by Brownell's or Midway.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 12:13:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn man, that sucks. I worried about the same scenario when I was building mine but was lucky enough to be home when all my deliveries were made. I hope you get your build back on track soon.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 3:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you checked the bushes around the porch, the bushes all around the house, your garage, your back door, tucked around a corner out of sight?  Have you checked with your neighbors and in all of their bushes?

My UPS, USPS and FedEx guys get very creative when they drop stuff off.  They'll do pretty much anything to leave it and not carry it back, but rarely leave anything in plain sight.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I checked everywhere, The Fed-Ex driver said he put it next to an orange bucket on my porch and I had a 5 gallon home depot bucket on the porch. I just got off the phone with Brownells and they said they will ship a new order on thursday pending a 72 hour investigation to make sure its not lost in transit.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know if its an option for you or not, but could you have it sent to work?
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#7]
that sucks man. next time see if you can require a signature. and if your off work at a decent time contact ups/fed ex to see if you can pick it up once the truck gets back. ive had to do that a few times
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Brownells sent me a new order after fed -ex did a 3 day investigation at no charge to me, and they sent it next day air. Midway also sent me a new order but they took 10 days to send the new order because that is how long  UPS takes to do their investigation. I did not have to pay any additional shipping charges and these companies are first rate in terms of their customer service. My rifle is now completely assembled and it shoots great. I would recomend that if anyone has the option when ordering to always use Fed-ex as they also deliver on Saturday and will take care of any problems sooner.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top