Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 8:23:46 PM EDT
How are they in regards to overall quality?

And...

HPT?

MPI?

Shot peening?

You know the drill... How do they meet or exceed the Mil-Spec?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
They have Mark LaRue's name behind them.   That exceeds any other spec.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=145
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So.... Does Mark LaRue's name HPT, MPI, and shot peen?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And...

HPT?

MPI?

Shot peening?

Instead of stirring this crap up again, please just search "larue bcg"

Trust me, just search and read, and leave this topic alone.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And...

HPT?

MPI?

Shot peening?

Instead of stirring this crap up again, please just search "larue bcg"

Trust me, just search and read, and leave this topic alone.

.... OK.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I did a search for "larue bcg" for 30 days.... Nothing.
Google told me all I needed to know... Thanks.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you even get to those on their site? I tried searching and nothing, what category are they in?

ETA: I tried searching "Bolt", not "BCG" and it worked
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:08:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Search in the Larue forum, if you can't go back more than 30 days quite being a cheapskate and pony up for a membership.

Bottom line, Larue never would provide info he did any testing to certify his bolts "milspec" yet advertised them that way.  In typical Larue fashion, he showed his ass had a hissy took his toys and went home.  The Larue fanboys circled the wagons.  Larue fanboys are worse than 12yr old Airsofters.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:11:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:33:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think that was a response to the question the poster was expecting from an Industry partner.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:49:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

that was awesome.  2 shots 1 kill.  LOL!!!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#11]
From what I hear, they are good to go.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:25:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Since they're the same price, I think I'll get the BCG that is inspected according to the Mil-Spec, instead of the hillbilly spec.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:34:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The cult following here is truly amazing.  LaRue makes some great stuff, but he merely resells untested BCGs.  It is what it is, let's stop with the ass kissing.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:56:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:13:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since they're the same price, I think I'll get the BCG that is inspected according to the Mil-Spec, instead of the hillbilly spec.

Shazzam, a lightning-quick transformation to self-appointed BCG expert.

Just because I have no idea what your name did to the BCGs you sell, doesn't mean I don't know what should be in a BCG.

You're not helping your case.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:17:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Search in the Larue forum, if you can't go back more than 30 days quite being a cheapskate and pony up for a membership.

Bottom line, Larue never would provide info he did any testing to certify his bolts "milspec" yet advertised them that way.  In typical Larue fashion, he showed his ass, had a hissy, took his toys, and went home.  The Larue fanboys circled the wagons.  Larue fanboys are worse than 12yr old Airsofters.

Quoted:
I don't think that was a response to the question the poster was expecting from an Industry partner.

one side did start chuckin' cow chips first.

TexasSpec. good enough for me. when will people learn that millspe........ O f^%$ it.

in before the lock
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#18]
go for the larue BCG, its has a life time guarantee. it breaks, they replace IIRC. someone please correct if im wrong.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#19]
All my 8 AR's have LaRue BCG's.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

With all due respect, the OP asked a legitimate question, is that really hard to answer? I for one would like to know as well.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Quoted:

With all due respect, the OP asked a legitimate question, is that really hard to answer? I for one would like to know as well.  

I found all I needed to know with a quick google...
He thinks the inspections that the high-end companies do such as HPT and MPI is just voodoo nonsense someone in Washington thought up to make money. So, he doesn't do the proper inspections. Like he says, though, that's just his hill billy understanding.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been answered before.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#23]
LaRue

ETA:
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

LaRue

ETA:

.....The purpose of this post is?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Just my two cents on the matter. The big manufacturing companies will probably be making a lot more bolts, and therefore probably be getting more of lower quality material. This lower quality material would lead to the need for tests to make sure junk bolts aren't going around. I would assume that a smaller manufacture, especially one with the reputation of LaRue would use higher quality materials. Again, just my assumption.

Also, I am familiar with military standards, and a lot of time they get started on a whim of a bureaucrat, and don't really mean anything. I don't know if that is the case with these bolt standards or not.

I don't think any bolt will be fail-proof, no matter what tests go on with it. But if and when a LaRue bolt fails, they will replace it. Are you going to get a lifetime warranty with any one else? If you are in the situation where your life depends on it, just carry an extra bolt with you (and maybe an oven mitt) The rest of us should be fine sending it in and getting a new one...

I think the LaRue fanbaoys need to stop drinking their Kool-Aid and saying that the LaRue ones' won't fail just because they are made my LaRue.
And the Mil-Spec Fanboys need to stop drinking their Kool-Aid and saying that if it doesn't have such and so tests done it is junk. Anyone that has been in the military will tell you that "Mil-spec" doesn't mean it is indestructable, or even the highest quality, it is just the military's specification for the contractors supplying them.

Now that I know where to get them, I will probably get a LaRue one, just for the lifetime warranty. Who cares if it breaks after 5K rounds if they fix it for me. I'll get one and a spare, after 10K zombies, I'll probably be out of ammo anyway
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#26]
I found this thread and boy I did find my answer.   The drama and behavior of the people involved was just unbelievable.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I found this thread and boy I did find my answer.   The drama and behavior of the people involved was just unbelievable.

Nothing new here.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Don’t know how I overlooked this one-too much drama and insults.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top