Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2008 8:30:59 AM EDT
Unfortunately, i don't have a workbench or vise at home.  I need to remove my vortex off of my 16" cmmg.  Any suggestions on how to remove this sucker?  I know its on there real real tight.  Any and all suggestions appreciated.

The only thing i can think of right now is to use a rubber strap wrench like the one from craftsman to grip the barrel and a 3/4" crescent on the flats of the fh.  BUt i dont know if the strap wrench will provide enough grip to torque off the fh.

Anybody have any experience with this?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#1]
take the upper off the lower, take the hand guards off, take the lower and put it on the floor, put a good set of boots on, step on front sight base, put wrench on flash hider, use one foot to push on flash hider in a counter clock wise direction.  

Im not responsible if you fark chit up following my method

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#2]
get a buddy to hold the rifle flat on a table and barrel wrench not gauranteed to work but I've done it
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top