Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:27:41 PM EDT
I just bought a super nice Bushmaster [barely] used. It has a Magpul grip combined with a trigger guard. The grip also has an end cap for storing five rounds. Five were in there and it freaked me out to see live ammo., it was not expected.

My questions are;
It is attached by a shorter than commonly used grip screw with no lock washer. Is this normal?
Is this a desirable modification? I have not fired it yet but would just as soon have the familiar A-2 grip.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#1]
When I replaced my A2 grip with a magpul I used the original washer and screw.
As far as it being desirable that is up to you. I prefer the magpul grip, it fits my hand better. If its the full kit (which it sounds like) with the different front and back straps switch them out until its comfortable. Or send it to me and I'll send you an A2 grip with a lockwasher and stock screw. Thats a $50 grip you have there
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Magpul includes a shorter grip screw that has thread locker on it. The instructions specfically state to use the Magpul provided screw and not the original A2 screw and washer.

It is a good grip. I have them on all of my ARs

Edit: PICS or it didn't happen
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:23:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just bought a super nice Bushmaster [barely] used. It has a Magpul grip combined with a trigger guard. The grip also has an end cap for storing five rounds. Five were in there and it freaked me out to see live ammo., it was not expected.

My questions are;
It is attached by a shorter than commonly used grip screw with no lock washer. Is this normal?
Is this a desirable modification? I have not fired it yet but would just as soon have the familiar A-2 grip.

Yes it is. Did you happen to get the unused interchangable parts along with the rifle? If A2 is your style, you can reduce a MIAD down by changing panels to closely match an A2. IF not, A2's are cheap (<$5). Throw one in on your next order for AR stuff.

Oh yea you'll need the trigger guard + roll pin too if you switch back
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont remember getting a new screw with my magpul grip
now I want to take it off to see
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top