Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2008 2:45:45 PM EDT

Hey all,

Thanks for helping me in the past. I want to replace my DPMS standard lower parts kit trigger with a better one. I want lighter trigger pull, better accuracy, and still be a self defense first and foremost trigger. Can ya give me some options?

Brent
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#1]
How much do you want to spend on this conversion?

Do you want single stage? or 2 stage?  

Answers to these questions will point you in the proper direction.

More info will follow;>)
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanks for replying. I'm in the market for a single stage (not sure exactly what a two stage like RRA does)  I'm guessing two stage has a lot of take up up to a hard point. Then that hard point breaks clean.

I'm hoping $150 or so.

Brent
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
McCormick makes a nice drop in single stage available in curved or flat trigger, right around 3.5lbs, mine breaks pretty clean, at least as clean as my bolt action guns.  Got mine for $180
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
you can send your stock trigger, hammer, and disconnector to Bill Springfield and he'll do an excellent trigger job for you.

Costs 30 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I have two ARs that I put Jewell Triggers in. I got the triggers (or 'fire control group') on sale a couple years ago for about $180. The Jewell Triggers are fully adjustable for pull from about 0.5 lbs to 3 or 4 lbs.
I have the 16 inch RRA A4 set at about 3 lbs, and the 24 inch DPMS/Superior Arms is set at 1.5 lbs.

SWEEEEEET!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 3:29:53 AM EDT
[#6]
For a single stage, in my experience Timneys are the nicest, but for the money, and in your price range, a non-adjustable Jard single stage will serve you well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 3:34:25 AM EDT
[#7]
imo, if its a duty/serious use rifle, i'd stick to the std, stock single stage and deal with it....

that said, i'd look to a Timney or a RRA 2 stage
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#8]

We just replaced our Colt Hbar 2 match trigger thats used for comp shooting too
the adjustable Jard, and I can say it  works really great ! ,..... Price wise they run at $135. from "BROWNELLS" 2007-2008 catalog in a 2 / 3 lb or 4.5 lb trigger weights, They are really hard to beat for the money for such a clean /crisp trigger set...

The  pre set Jard would be the simplest and they work great like was said before hand.

Both are the same price.

Tech line number is (800)741-0015 if you have any ? about what's best for you.

yls
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
you can send your stock trigger, hammer, and disconnector to Bill Springfield and he'll do an excellent trigger job for you.

Costs 30 bucks.

I concur.

Just send your parts to Bill Springfield, in CO.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Costs 30 bucks.

+1, less than a week turnaround.  I opted for the #3 trigger, I think it was $46.  Well worth the money!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top