Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 3:34:10 PM EDT
Im looking into piecing together a LH rifle.

I have never put the whole upper together myself yet so it will be a first but,

From Stag arms, i can buy the stripped upper assembly, and then a left hand bolt assembly but it says "Must be used in a left-handed upper receiver, and with an ambidextrous barrel extension" what is that. Do you need some special barrel i was hoping to get a noveske barrel. what does this mean?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The Stag LH uppers use a slightly different barrel extension that is beveled for the LH  bolt rotation.  From my experience a regular extension works also, at least it does on mine.  However there is a little bit of a "hesitation" when one manually cycles the charging handle.  That said, it has never been an issue in the several thousand rounds that I have cycled through mine.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]
No problem here either.

Three LH rifles, two in 5.56 and one in 6.8.

All with standard barrel extensions.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top