Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 11:03:46 AM EDT
I've read some posts (which I know is not a good statistical measure of a product's quailty) where STAG LPKs are reported to be dropping a bit in quality.  Specficially, there seems to be some issues with the disconnector in some of the posts.  Personally, I'm in the process of putting together a lower for myself and a buddy of mine with STAG LPKs, and jus want to make sure that what I'm using will be the best I can use.  

So with the above in mind, I began to do some research on this board, and other sites, in order to see if there was a higher quality LPK out there, like Colt/LMT,  and I came across this:

LMT LPK

Whaddya guys think?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#1]
It would indeed be ironic if CMT makes both the Stag and LMT kits.

I haven't seen any items about bad disconnectors, though I might have missed it.

For the cost, you could probably get the Stag kit and buy the best disconnector on earth and still be cheaper than the LMT offered in your link.

I just used a Stag kit and it seems fine.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I haven't seen any items about bad disconnectors, though I might have missed it.

For the cost, you could probably get the Stag kit and buy the best disconnector on earth and still be cheaper than the LMT offered in your link.

True to the part in red.  And, yep, it'd be funny if CMT made some of LMTs parts!  LOL.

I did notice that the LMT LPK comes with KNS H/T (heat treated?) pins.  But, other than that, I don't think there's much more difference, right?  Maybe just better QC on the LMT parts?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I've got a weird little bitch about a Stag LPK I used, which I'm guessing must have been the result of a short lived production anomaly, as I've never heard anyone else mention it. The detents for the takedown/pivot pins were only beveled on one end and flat on the other. It made it a real trial to install the pivot pin detent.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had great luck with the RRA LPK.  On the first build I had to scrap the selector the came from M1S.  Thumbs up for RRA.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So with the above in mind, I began to do some research on this board, and other sites, in order to see if there was a higher quality LPK out there, like Colt/LMT,  and I came across this:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=8718

Whaddya guys think?

I think that $152 for an LPK is insane.

I have learned to take everything from that site with a shaker of salt.  That seems to be more of a club for Colt/LMT fanboys than a solid place for me to get information.  

Ask yourself honestly how many of those parts are critical to the operation of an AR15 type rifle.  As in how many parts are stressed.  Does it matter, for instance, if the selector detent comes in a package marked LMT, Colt or DPMS?  If you answered yourself honestly, the answer would be not much.  If you are worried about the parts, the trigger, hammer and disconnecter would be what you are worried about.  I really would not be that worried about it.

I have only used DPMS or RRA LPKs.

Also, to make your links hot, under the text area there is a line that says "Insert Tags".  You are looking for this

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:49:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True to the part in red.  And, yep, it'd be funny if CMT made some of LMTs parts!  LOL.

I did notice that the LMT LPK comes with KNS H/T (heat treated?) pins.  But, other than that, I don't think there's much more difference, right?  Maybe just better QC on the LMT parts?

Maybe more wine and cheese.

These aren't space shuttle components.

Had a talk with my FFL which included discussing brand afficiandos sparring to t he death over their favorite's superiorities, when in fact the same company made both's components.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The KNS pins are only $4.50 vs. the $2.10 for Stag pins.  BIG upgrade there!  I think paying that much money for a LPK is ridiculous no matter who's name is on the package.  For the price of the LMT kit, I could buy a Stag LPK, a set of KNS pins and 19 spare Stag disconnectors and still have a few pennies left over.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The KNS pins are only $4.50 vs. the $2.10 for Stag pins.  BIG upgrade there!  I think paying that much money for a LPK is ridiculous no matter who's name is on the package.  For the price of the LMT kit, I could buy a Stag LPK, a set of KNS pins and 19 spare Stag disconnectors and still have a few pennies left over.

Yep, you're absolutely right!  The part in red made me LMAO.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Just buy a RRA LPK. Those i've used appear to be very high quality. I even gotten a good stock trigger pull once or twice from them.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top