Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 10:06:35 AM EDT
Ok so I have this 16" HBAR  (bushmaster) barrel.  I'm planning on putting in on a flat top upper and that is all I know.  From here I'm not sure where to go.  I know I will putting an Aimpoint or an Eotech for optics.  I know I also want iron sights, that co-witness with the optics.  Also, I'm pondering a mid length or longer FF quad rail, and putting a dissipator style or folding front sight on the rail.  Give me some guidance, I'm trying to get a build sheet to carry to Knob Creek and buy.

Also, I'm trying to keep this as "afforable as possible" to buy more ammo
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a dizzying amount of accessory suppliers and each has a good amount of product.

Though the EE is a good source to aquire items rather inexpensively.  You can check the industry section to go to their sites to see what they have and supplier sites to learn what cost new with shipping is.

The links at the top of each page for suppliers are very useful as well.

Helps with a budget to look on the EE.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the longer railed handguard over the gas tube dissipator sort of thing.

I have had good luck with YHM rails, and front sights.  They are cheaper than most.  A bit heavier than some of the competition.  But the customizable tube lets me put the rails where I want them, and leave them off the places I don't want them.  The EOTech can ride it in place of the scope.  I really like the Troy Rear sight too.

My wifes carbine has the YHM ultralight handguards.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top