Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:05:16 AM EDT
Does anyone have a picture of a 2 stage RRA trigger installed they could post?  I installed one over the weekend, I don't believe the hammer spring was installed correctly from the factory, so I put it on as I thought it should be.  The trigger fucntions ok, however the trigger pull seems exceptionally heavy, and the trigger itself is not near as light as what I thought it should be.  The take up is feels right, however the break seems very heavy.  I just want to verify that I have installed it correctly,  This is the first time for me.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The RRA is not really a "light" match trigger. IIRC the spring goes on the hammer just like stock spring.

My 2-stage feels heavy for a "match" trigger, but just about right for a "duty" trigger. I had thought about installins a set of Wolf springs to lighten the pull a little.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW, I bought a RRA 2 stage trigger because I wanted a trigger as light and smooth as my duty RRA.  I installed it in my Bushmaster, and was disappointed.  I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, so I shipped it off to RRA to have them install it.  It came back, and nothing felt different.

I can't figure out why my work gun has such a nice, light trigger, while my personal AR still has a heavy pull.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:34:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
FWIW, I bought a RRA 2 stage trigger because I wanted a trigger as light and smooth as my duty RRA.  I installed it in my Bushmaster, and was disappointed.  I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, so I shipped it off to RRA to have them install it.  It came back, and nothing felt different.

I can't figure out why my work gun has such a nice, light trigger, while my personal AR still has a heavy pull.

Make sure you are using the stock springs and to lubricate the trigger pins. Upon initial installation in my AR15s, the RRA 2-stage triggers proceeded to give me ~4.5-4.7 lb pulls and were crisp.

Several thousand rounds later and they are still just as good. I use it with my Ciener 22LR kit and I can easily do rapid-fire or double/triple taps even with 223 Rem. It gets to the point (with 22LR) that its almost like clicking a mouse.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#5]
If I remember correctly the spring in my RRA kit was installed backwards in the package. Trigger pull did seem to be a little gritty when new, a little lube and a 20 round mag later it's very nice.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top