Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 8:36:15 PM EDT
and I'm looking for the end caps and there are two.

a   YHM-9484-A End Cap for YHM Free Floats 15/16"

and a   YHM-9484-A End Cap for YHM Free Floats 1-1/16"

whats the difference and what do those numbers mean 15/16 and 1-1/16
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
did you look at the web site? it says"15/16" Inside Diameter" or "1 1/16" Inside Diameter"
Link

also, are you putting this on yourself? if you are, you have to have the special wrench that yhm makes for the jam nut
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
did you look at the web site? it says"15/16" Inside Diameter" or "1 1/16" Inside Diameter"
Link

also, are you putting this on yourself? if you are, you have to have the special wrench that yhm makes for the jam nut

Okay, so which one goes on which...

To quote,

Customizable Free Float Forearm System
Our customizable tubes come in 3 lengths: Carbine, Specter and Rifle. These tubes are a great addition to any firearm just as they are. They feature slotted heat vents, two mounting points that accept our Swiveling Sling Studs (YHM-9469) and they accept our Forearm End Caps(YHM-9484A or YHM-9484B sold separately).

WTF, over.

Dee dee dee, just realized that they're for different diameter barrels...
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I wasn't looking on that website, I seen these on bravocompanies website. lol. I have the big long armors tool ( I believe its called) its a wrench, and has two slots for the flash suppressor. It may be called the multi tool
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
so my next question is what size is my barrel? I have a regular 16 inch long M4 barrel.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I would guess the smaller while the larger one is for target bull barrels.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#6]
that makes sense. I just want to make sure before they ship it to me, I see that its wrong and I have to ship it back.

Anyone know for sure??
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I wasn't looking on that website, I seen these on bravocompanies website. lol. I have the big long armors tool ( I believe its called) its a wrench, and has two slots for the flash suppressor. It may be called the multi tool

YHM has a proprietary slot design on the jam nut that takes only their wrench; I build these things as part of my job and have put these on a countless number of times. The regular armors wrench will allow you to put on the Bbl nut and torque it, but not the jam nut. Also, only one slot is for the F/S on the armors wrench, the other slot fits the end of the rifle length receiver extension.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#8]
that makes sense. I just want to make sure before they ship it to me, I see that its wrong and I have to ship it back.

Anyone know for sure??
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#9]
well, yes. I think you have your answer. a bull barrel measure .920" normally. why not just measure your barrel? either one should fit on a std. barrel. you'll just have more space around the if you get the one with the bigger hole.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top