Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2007 6:40:23 PM EDT
I went to my local gun shop the other day to get a RRA stripped lower.  They tell me a RRA stripped lower is on a 16 WEEK BACKORDER!!?!?!!?

I ordered a Bushmaster for $25 more, but I can have it in a couple of weeks.

Anyone else heard of RRA being this far behind?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope not. I was planning to order one tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
There website says something to that effect aswell.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm on my 19th week of waiting....
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I went to my local gun shop the other day to get a RRA stripped lower.  They tell me a RRA stripped lower is on a 16 WEEK BACKORDER!!?!?!!?

Email I received from RRA

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:46:59 -0600

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your online order. Your order will be processed within 24 hours. In- stock items should ship within 1-5 business days. Back ordered items will be shipped upon availablity of product. Please allow 2-8 weeks for uppers, and complete rifles. Please allow 10-12 weeks for stripped/complete lowers. Barrel orders will be filled upon availability of barrels, at this time we do not have an estimated shipping time. The .308 and.458 have not gone into production at this time, please allow approximately 4-6 months for delivery(Updates on production will be posted on our website!). Thank you, Sales Dept. Rock River Arms, Inc. (309) 792-5780 [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:50:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, that's the standard email they mail out once they begin processing your order.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#6]
19th WEEK!!!! Dammit!! I just ordered mine 4 weeks ago. Guess I have a long way to go before I get mine. Dammit!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Why a RRA lower?

I use DPMS lowers and they are top notch as well.  I am not knocking RRA quality.  But DPMS is slightly cheaper ($99-$120) depending on where you get them.  I do have a RRA upper receiver on my 16" bull barrel and have noticed that the RRA upper fitted to the DPMS lower yields a fair amount of space (AKA SLOP).  I have never had a DPMS lower/upper fit loose like that.  I am aware that mixing the 2 is basically tolerance stacking so ......  no more mixing for me.

I can't justify the higher price for the RRA parts vs. DPMS.  And RRA is right here in my home state of IL.

Can anyone shed some light on any logical reason to buy the RRA vs. DPMS?  If so please feel free to chime in.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I called all over the place on Friday looking to order a RRA lower & nobody had any in stock. Most said they haven't seen shipments from RRA since last fall.

Any speculation on why the delay? I mean, I know demand has gone up with a possible Dem win in '08 and the likelihood of another ban, but is that the sole reason?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:05:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I was a little surprised too when I heard the 16 wk wait for RRA.  Originally, I though it might be due to extra demand placed by U.S. gov't on its suppliers was causing a ripple effect down to all suppliers.  However, my local gun shop was able to get me a Bushy lower within a week or two, so I guess it blows my theory.

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:13:38 AM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
Why a RRA lower?

I use DPMS lowers and they are top notch as well.  I am not knocking RRA quality.  But DPMS is slightly cheaper ($99-$120) depending on where you get them.  I do have a RRA upper receiver on my 16" bull barrel and have noticed that the RRA upper fitted to the DPMS lower yields a fair amount of space (AKA SLOP).  I have never had a DPMS lower/upper fit loose like that.  I am aware that mixing the 2 is basically tolerance stacking so ......  no more mixing for me.

I can't justify the higher price for the RRA parts vs. DPMS.  And RRA is right here in my home state of IL.

Can anyone shed some light on any logical reason to buy the RRA vs. DPMS?  If so please feel free to chime in.

I've heard too many people bad-mouth DPMS, that's why I was going to get RRA.  I've never had any personal experience with DPMS.  After I was told 16 wks by my first choice supplier, I called another guy I know and he said "I usually get DPMS, but can't get them right now so I won't even take any orders."

In any event, I'm getting a Bushy for $190 ht.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:19:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Get one from Spike's tactical...

Spikes

fred
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I picked up two RRA stripped lowers at a gun show yesterday.The dealer told me he got a box from RRA and couldn't recall what he might have ordered from them.He was pleasantly surprised to find stripped lowers from an order placed several months ago.He said it's anywhere from 4 to 6 months! I called a friend and told him to go get the last 2 he had when the show opens today.I paid $139.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I tried to order a RRA lower from RB Precision and also was told they were on backorder for 12-16 weeks. I said piss on that and bought a CMMG instead.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I ordered 9 RRA lowers two weeks before x-mass. I still dont have them
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Ordered a complete RRA lower on Nov 14.  Still didn't come in yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I talked to my local RRA dealer. Same story, he ordered 16 receivers around Thanksgiving, they told him April MAYBE. If anyone can find a definitive answer as to why the wait, let us know.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Trying to find a lower myself, CMMG is infinitly out of stock, what linda told me, all new lowers going to build rifles. 2nd choice was RRA but im not going to wait that long. I dont like the DPMS,Bushmaster or Stag roll mark. Also cant stand the fire safe markings on the Essential arms. Call me nitpicking but if im putting 800 bucks into a build I want it to look the way I want it. I could go with doublestar, Sabre, Superior, or Ameetec but no one seems to have these either.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Get an SLR-15 lower from CY6. These are made by Superior Arms.

www17.serrahost.com/servlet/defensive-edgenet/-strse-354/SLR15-Lower/Detail
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered a  RRA  from RB performance and they told me at least 8 weeks to get it. But I had it in hand in just two. So you never know. I was blown away that I got my gun so fast. Even during the shot show! Maybe because I ordered the whole gun?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#20]
thats funny, the gun show here this weekend had plenty of rra, sabre and double star lowers!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Maybe because I ordered the whole gun?

Yes, a complete rifle takes precedence over a stripped lower and will normally be shipped out more quickly...
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered a complete RRA pistol lower and pistol upper in Nov. No lower yet
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#23]
i canceled my order with RRA when they told me it would longer than 4 months wait.
i went with anvil arms out of florida. they are first rate lowers and awesome quality
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I talked to my local dealer he told me that RRA, Bushy and the likes are placing most of their energys on complete weapons.  This is due to the fact that the market for AR's is at an all time high.  Many expect the gun banners to start their banning process in about 23 months.  I would suspect that from now till after the next election some parts like lowers will be scarce.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Didn't the ban affect barrel comps and collapsable stocks only? How would this affect just lowers?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#26]
height=8
Quoted:
Didn't the ban affect barrel comps and collapsable stocks only? How would this affect just lowers?

They are referring to the looming ban (AWB of '08 ???).  Read the info here about H.R. 1022 or go to www.nra.org .

It is more sweeping than the '94 ban to prohibit (as far as I can tell) most everthing but bolt action or single-shot rifles.  

Some surmise that there is a rush on to get them while you still can.  Whether or not this is the reason, I'm sure it is putting some pressure on supply.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't think the "ban" has anything to do with it. I've been looking for quality parts for a new build for a couple months now, well before there was even talk of this "ban". A lot of the top names now are out of stock on lowers, and barrels too.

I think it has more to do with high demand (mil/LE and civilian). ARs are just hot now - which is good, because the more people who own them, the stronger we're going to be when the time comes to defeat the next AWB.

HR 1022  won't go anywhere - though I still urge everyone to contact their representatives and express their anger that someone who calls themselves an American would even propose such a thing.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top