Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 12:02:35 PM EDT
I just picked up a 20" Bushmaster barrel and I can't decide what to do with it. It is a 20" HBAR with a target crown. I am thinking about getting the barrel threaded....Anyone know how much this might cost? Also, I can't decide whether to build a standard A2 using the HBAR, a 20" Varminter, or something else? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that AR15barrels.com does it pretty cheap. Well respected also. No sure how much but I think it is less than $50 plus shipping both ways.

If it is an Hbar you could just build it into a model with standard handguard model or you could do it with a FF tube. My personal choice would be FF, either round tube type or railed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Qutoed from "shop services" @AR15Barrels

Barrel Threading $30
This is the most commonly requested service. The barrel gets mounted in the lathe with a live center in the muzzle. The muzzle gets turned down to the required size and then threads are cut with a single point tool. This ensures that the threads will be perfectly concentric and parallel to the bore. After the threads are done and deburred, a new crown is cut to eliminate the damage caused by the live center. Other shops would consider this a 'precision' threading job. I can turn any of the common thread sizes such as 1/2-28, 1/2-36, 9/16-24 or 5/8-24 with verification from my gauges and tooling. The threaded area will be finished with touchup bluing.

AR15Barrels.com
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top