Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 12:16:28 PM EDT
Initially I started builing a Ar. I got my lower together in about 45 minutes. Other projects and guns kept taking priority. I sold my lower and gave up after talking with the BATFE. I hold an 01 FFL an had the brilliant idea of putting some rifles together. They explained that this would be Manufacturing and would require yet another license.

Well, long story short, I have just order a new complete RRA lower. I amwantin at least 2 uppers for it. I plain ol vannila A2 for shooting burglars and I want to put together a precision varmit upper for winter fur collecting.

My basic question is. I really don't want to be locked into on company for parts. Would there be any trouble with a DPMS upper on a RRA lower, for instance?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
You can mix and match most parts.  Some Colt parts being the exception.  DPMS and RRA will work fine together.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
No problems....my first build was a DPMS complete upper on a RRA lower build.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top